HER Enquiry Form
Please read the following Conditions of Access before completing an enquiry form
This is a summary version of 'The Welsh Archaeological Trusts Guidelines for Access and Charging'. The full document can be accessed as a pdf from this page or is available upon request.
Conditions Of Access To The Record
- Information obtained from the HER shall only be used for the purposes stated on the request form
- Information obtained from the HER shall not be passed to a third party without written consent*
- Users shall ensure that expert archaeological advice is sought upon the possible effects on the archaeological resource of any proposed developments with which they are involved.
- Users shall be responsible for checking that the information obtained from the HER is correct.
- The copyright on information held in the HER will be respected.
- Information obtained from the HER shall be acknowledged in any document and published report.
- Users are required to make any new or amended archaeological information available for incorporation within the HER, within a reasonable time scale. By preference, this information should be in a common electronic format.
- Access to information will be denied if it is considered that its release may endanger the archaeological resource**
- GGAT reserve the right to refuse requests for large amounts of information***.
*Third party restrictions do not apply to production of client reports or publications by enquirers.
** We will refuse requests by those who we deem unfit or likely to misuse information, this policy is in line with 1993 Environmental Information Regulations and the 1998 Freedom of Information Bill which recommend protection of sensitive environmental information. Those who wish to challenge our decision can do so through an appeal to The Chairman, the Welsh Archaeological Trusts Committee, c/o Clwyd Powys Archaeological Trust, 7a Church St., Welshpool, Powys, SY21 7DL.
*** We do not wish to see a proliferation of databases covering the region. Thus, on occasions, we will refuse requests for excessive amounts of information.
The structure and content of the Glamorgan-Gwent HER is the copyright of the GGAT HER Charitable Trust. Where external sources of information have been used in the compilation of the Record, these have been acknowledged.